I want to thank Katie from Sled Dog Slow for nominating Oscoey for the Leibster Award! It was completely unexpected and the email was a wonderful surprise after a long week of craziness in our house. I have only been blogging for a few months so for somebody to recognize my little blog is amazing. I love reading other blogs and especially those that are about homesteading. We are just starting out with our little urban homestead and many of the articles at Sled Dog Slow have inspired me to do more. I especially love the honesty of Katie about the toughness of living out in Alaska and homesteading in general. Thank you once again!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award started out as a way to recognize other bloggers in 2011. Liebster means beloved, dearest or sweetheart in German and the term is used in the award to show which blogs people are fond of. It is a great way for bloggers to connect, get to know one another and to highlight new or smaller blogs.
My Favorite Blog
My favorite blog has to be Old McDavis Farm. Nicole at Old McDavis Farm has a wealth of knowledge about urban homesteading in the Pacific Northwest and she has helped me tremendously with advice on raising chickens. Many people in our community turn to her with advice and she is always ready and willing to help. Nicole’s post about healing your chickens at home is especially informative and great for new chicken keepers. I also love her ability to write about her learning process and how she worked through the mistakes she made early on. Her article about moving her new chickens into a new coop was both entertaining and informative and I loved reading it! I will definitely be talking to Nicole before we buy our own chickens and most likely buying one of her hand made coops as well. She and her husband use reclaimed material to make the most amazing coops! You should definitely head on over to her blog and read all about them!
10 Random Facts About Me!
Hmm this is tricky.
- I have never traveled outside of the continental United States and Canada.
- When I was little I had Anoles as pets.
- I hate peas but I eat them almost every day because they are my kids’ favorite vegetable.
- My husband and I met in Kindergarten.
- I am a third generation dachshund owner.
- I love Forget-Me-Nots even though they are weeds.
- I am ok with spiders as long as they don’t touch me.
- I was a huge American Girl Doll fan when I was growing up.
- I love playing legos with my kids.
- I have always wanted to plant a Giant Sequoia tree in my yard but have never had enough space.
My Liebster Nominations
- Old McDavis Farm
- 15 Acre Homestead
- WholeHearted Homestead
- Coffee, Grace and Tomato Paste
- Just Keep Momming
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Answer all 11 questions asked and ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and every one. I visited a few hundred last year!!
What is your favorite flower?
I don’t really have a favorite flower. They are all so beautiful. I guess my favorite flower is whatever is currently in bloom.
Who is your real life hero?
Probably my grandma. She has always been a leader by example in helping those in need.
When is the best time of day?
This one is tricky because it never happens any more. My favorite time of day is when I get up before the kids and sit quietly in the living room enjoying a cup of coffee while I collect my thoughts for the day.
Where is your happy place?
I love being outside working in the garden.
Why did you choose your blog name?
Long ago when we had two dachshunds named Oscar and Zoey I decided that when I finally got around to writing my own blog I would combine their names into Oscoey. Oscar is no longer with us but I still love the name so I used it.
Which is better: Climbing in bed after a long day, or waking up after sleeping in?
Climbing in bed after a long day!
How do you prefer your eggs for breakfast? (Over easy, scrambled, etc.)
Over easy for sure! Runny eggs are my favorite!
What is the best movie you’ve ever seen in theaters?
Hmm. We never go to movie theaters any more and it has been so long that I can’t remember which ones I actually saw in the theater.
What is your favorite smell?
I love the smell of the woods near my grandparents house after the rain.
Can you sleep with the light on or does it need to be completely dark?
Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Dog person for sure!
My 11 Questions:
- If you drink coffee how do you like it?
- Would you rather be able to fly or breathe underwater?
- What is your favorite fruit?
- What is your ideal cheap vacation?
- What is your favorite grocery store?
- Would you rather have a flower garden or a vegetable garden?
- What do you do first when you wake up in the morning?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- What is your favorite way to cool off in the summer?
- Are you into camping or glamping?
- What is a favorite childhood memory?
Thanks once again to Sled Dog Slow for the nomination! It came completely out of the blue and is greatly appreciated! Keep blogging everyone!